Content banner

This Friday November 10th, 2017

Public

For Friday NOAA predicts NW winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.  In color it looks like the attached image.  The tide is dictating a morning session for Wingaersheek.  It will be pretty arctic, temperatures in the 30's.  I will arrive around 7, I need to leave by 10AM.  Anyone care to join?  The outgoing tide will be opposing the wind and should deliver some pretty nice Columbia Gorge-style kickers.  I want to beat my Woo personal best of 34 feet that I got at Yirrell during Hurricane Jose.

Comments (27)

Jean Dunoyer

MIT is observing Veterans Day, but I need to interview the former US CTO at noon.

• Jeremy Reger

whoa I just saw the temp... I'm not ready for freezing temps yet :(

• chlemaire

I might join you Jean. But a bit concerned that it'll be too West for Wing.

• chlemaire

Let's see how quickly it shifts from S to NW on Friday morning. I'm up for Wing first, and Dog as a backup plan. I will also need to be off the water no later than 10 so plan to be early.

• I'm in for something Friday am...hoping for wing...will settle for dog...its a tough life.

• oldcolonial

I will stay tuned. I may need to take the morning off to join the festivities. :)

• Jean Dunoyer

My window for being on the water is 7-10, most likely Wingaersheek Fri
    NW winds 25 to 30 kt, diminishing to 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 4 to 7 ft.

• Duxkiter - Chris Barlow

If any wants to join me at Duxbury tomorrow please let me know!

• PaulT

I’ll be heading into work tomorrow I will hit winger tomorrow about 7:15

• Jean Dunoyer

I will look at the wind early, if it is West, I will re-orient to Nahant.

• chlemaire

I'm pretty sure it'll be too West from 7 to 10. I hope for Wing but will most likely hit Nahant.

• BryantC

Friendly reminder that Dog can be dangerous with the predicted gusty winds. offshore at Nahant you even more so- you are on your own out there if things go wrong...

• chlemaire

Nahant for me. Only have a 2hr window, so not gonna risk being too W at Wing.

• Anyone else heading to wing? I hate getting there and having no one to help me zip my dry suit :)

• PaulT

Very wild morning on my 9m had to get to work surely the guys that stayed on there 7s had a good time

• dadio

Great sesh on a 10 then a 7. Had to leave for work but I have that great beat-up feeling...